Founded in 1992 as a non-profit arm of the Retired Officer's Corporation, MFST is currently a $3 million corporation in Sun City Center, Florida that operates on the interest of its' investments.
Two people are employed by the organization, the President, Nancy Alguire and Office Manager, Lori Germain. Nancy and Lori work from 9-12 Monday-Friday EST. The bulk of the organization consists of 12 volunteer Trustees, many of whom are retired military and represent four of the major services. Our primary focus is on scholarships for high school seniors whose parents or grandparents have served and reached a certain level. We currently have 18 scholarships ranging from $12,000 to $2,000. Military families sacrifice enough for us - having the opportunity to attend college should not be one of them. For over 20 years MFST has built momentum and granted over $1 million in scholarship grants.
Homeless prevention for female veterans is another trust for which we get donations. We work with Tampa Crossroads to supplement their funding for areas that are not covered by their grants. Little things like bus transportation for employment, child care, deposits for electricity, a car payment - short term shortages.
Financial assistance to veterans and those currently serving all over the US, represents another major subject we address. Again, short term emergency funding for life's necessities motivates our committee.
PAWS for Patriots through Southeastern Guide Dogs provides guide dogs for sight impaired veterans. We assist in covering the cost for the link-up period when the veteran meets and learns to work with his/her dog. We also help with service dogs for vets with PTSD.
Thank you for all you do to thank our military families and their children.
Want to know more?
Who is the Military Family Support Trust? Our parent company, Military Officer’s Benevolent Corp. was founded in 1992. In 2008 we began “doing business as” (d/b/a) Military Family Support Trust. We’re a tax exempt, 501©(3), charitable organization whose mission is to assist military men and women with donations from organizations and individuals who care.
Grants are made from a combination of investment income and donations received during the year.
Our grant programs:
- Four-year scholarships for High School Seniors - 18 - national program
- Individual grants to meet special needs - national program
- Homeless women veterans and their children, Hillsborough County, FL
- Wounded veterans and their families
- Initial training for sight-impaired veterans when teamed with their guide or service dog
- Family holiday commissary program at MacDill AFB, FL
- Retreat center for veterans and military service members, Hilosborough County, FL
- Donald P. Schings Honor Flight support program
- JROTC – reward top cadets in each class for outstanding performance and leadership – Hillsborough Cty., FL
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
MFST Board of Trustees